background

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Taking Better Photos- Photo Editing

I have just recently started an affair. Sometimes its wonderful- sweet, reassuring and addictive; and sometimes its a harrowing, bitter mess. Who is my new suitor? Don't worry, it's my husband's DSLR camera. While we had a brief fling on our honeymoon in Scotland (a picture guide coming soon) we hadn't really connected until little man was born. And now that hubs has set me up with photoshop and adobe lightroom... well it's a full-blown romance. 

I am going to start compiling some tips on taking better pictures as I come across them. I'm still new to DSLR, and don't pretend to be an expert, but I am enjoying learning all about taking more interesting, clear photos. 

The problem? Camera equipment is expensive! We have an entry level DSLR (canon xsi, and we love it), a 20mm (wide angle)lens, a 50mm lens (my go-to, gives the blurry look beyond subjects), a 100mm zoom, and a canon kit lens. With photoshop and lightroom our photography bill is well over $1,500. So how can you get great results on a budget? Is it even possible? Of course! 

I found this wonderful post from Made in Lowell on how she transforms photos from a simple point and shoot camera. Yes, you will need photoshop and some working knowledge of it- but if you want great photos, you are going to need a photo editing software. Check out her wonderful tips here!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment