Don't miss a great giveaway link at the bottom of the post!
I love eating McCann's Steel Oats and end up with lots of empty cans! They are great to store, as a vase for flowers, as a paint brush holder, pretty much anything that you need to keep organized!
To match other colors in my studio, I decided to cover the can in some fabric that I love.
I wanted to use the can to store a spool of jute in since I use a lot of jute in projects and need an easy way to get to it. The first thing I did was to make a hole in the lid of the can. You can use a drill to do this but I used a screw driver and hammered the end to make the hole.
Since you can see thru my material, I applied a coat of metal primer spray paint. I put the can inside a paper bag, so the spray wouldn't go everywhere and painted it outside.
Once it was dry I cut out the material to fit around the can and glued it in place with tacky glue.
I put the jute spool in the can and fed it thru the lid and placed the lid on the can. Now when I want to get some jute I can just pull it through the hole!
Today's Creative is giving away an amazing Lifestyle Crafts letterpress machine. They have so many uses- check out the Click here to enter! I had never even heard about this machine- if I won I could find a TON of uses for it! Today's Creative is a great blogg FULL of ideas, so check them out after entering the contest yourself!





No comments:
Post a Comment